[OS X TeX] texdoc

Troy Goodson Troy.D.Goodson at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 3 20:11:48 CEST 2002

On Thursday, October 3, 2002, at 10:02  AM, Juan Falgueras wrote:

> 	What are the commands in .../powerpc-apple-darwin-current/ that can
> be used?
>

> % texdoc latex
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/texdoc: netscape:
> command not found

Apparently texdoc relies on some environment variables {from man
texdoc}:

        $TEXDOCVIEW_dvi
               DVI viewer.  Defaults to xdvi(1).

        $TEXDOCVIEW_pdf
               PDF viewer.  Defaults to acroread(1).

        $TEXDOCVIEW_ps
               PostScript viewer.  Defaults to ghostview(1).

        $TEXDOCVIEW_html
               HTML viewer.  Defaults to netscape(1).

        $TEXDOCVIEW_txt
               Text viewer.  Defaults to $PAGER-more.

I suspect Gerben Wierda can set these up in his distribution.   I think
there's a way to use osascript to find out what the user's browser is,
etc. but I haven't found it, yet.