[OS X TeX] Ghostscript 7 compatibility?

Gerben Wierda Sherlock at rna.nl
Wed Oct 2 23:30:15 CEST 2002

On Wednesday, Oct 2, 2002, at 23:08 Europe/Amsterdam, Bruno Voisin
wrote:

> - Not recommended in any case: modify the scripts
>
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin5.5/altpdftex
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin5.5/altpdflatex
>
> by editing the line
>
> distillerprog="ps2pdf"
>
> adding -dCompatibility=1.3 maybe.

Or just changing it to ps2pdf13. Not recommended for others, but, being
the author, I might of course make ps2pdf13 the default for altpdftex
in the future. Are there disadvantages? E.g. when running gs6 on OSX
10.1? I cannot test this myself (Justmoved to 10.2.1 and my 10.1 disk
is dying, only 1 year old Maxtor *80GB with block/sector problems).