[OS X TeX] What is Copy and Paste in OS X?

Bob Kerstetter bkerstetter at mac.com
Thu Oct 17 16:24:31 CEST 2002

I have created pdf exports with OmniGraffle and included them in TeX
docs and everything looked good. All of my TeX output goes to pdf, not
dvi.

To make a test of this cut and paste issue using system fonts --
Helvetica-12-Regular and Bold -- I typed text into OmniGraffle,
selected it as an object, copied it, pasted it in TextEdit and Word. In
Text Edit it looks okay. In Word it looks fuzzy. Then I saved all three
docs -- OmniGraffle, TextEdit and Word -- to pdf. OmniGraffle pdf was
very clear, TextEdit pdf was little fuzzy. Word pdf was a fuzzy mess,
almost a blur.

To continue, I then exported the text from OmniGraffle as pdf, imported
by drag-and-drop it into both TextEdit and Word, and saved the TextEdit
and Word docs as pdf. Comparing these three pdf docs -- the original
OmniGraffle exported pdf, TextEdit-generated pdf and Word-generated pdf
-- there was very little difference. But my eyes are 52 years old.

So a conclusion could be this. There appears to be some problems with
cut and paste from OmniGraffle to TextEdit and Word when it comes to
text. Word has a lot more of a problem than TextEdit with the
fuzziness. Exporting from OmniGraffle to pdf and importing solves the
fuzziness problem in both TextEdit and Word.

Again, this  was with system fonts, not TeX fonts. I don't use TeX
fonts for anything but TeX.