[OS X TeX] installing TeX-Fat.dmg: BSD subsystem

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Sun Oct 27 21:47:55 CET 2002

>Le dimanche, 27 oct 2002, à 16:50 Europe/Paris, Tim Lighthiser a écrit :
>
>>With the BSD subsystem installed everything seems to
>>be running fine.
>
>Does anybody know when in the installation process such a choice
>can/must be done? I can't remember having ever instructed anything
>about a BSD subsystem to my G4. But as my installation was OS 9 ->
>Public Beta -> 10.0 update -> 10.1 update -> 10.2 update, I may have
>missed something present in a direct install.
>
>By the way, does anybody know a URL documenting Apple's notion of a
>BSD subsystem, and why its installation may be considered optional?
>(Nothing too technical, as I'm not a programmer, just an interested
>user.)
>
>Bruno Voisin

Hi Bruno

I found this link but it doesn't detail what is in and what is out of the
BSD subsystem.

Michael

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Darwin/PortingUNIX/compiling/Installing__pment_Tools.html

Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
School of Pure Mathematics         Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt