RC2 updated, www.ntg.nl unreliable, link on www.rna.nl repaired

Gerben Wierda Sherlock at rna.nl
Tue Oct 29 23:18:55 CET 2002

My apologies. I released something with a bug (I suspect one more).

I fixed one bug in i-Installer where changing the i-Directory location
would crash i-Installer. RC2 has been upgraded to RC2a. Early birds are
punished, they need to download again. Given that the default
i-Directory is down, people will change their i-Directory location and
this may trigger a crash. Hence this intermediate update.

It seems that the NTG-site, so reliable in the past (and during beta
testing UTAH was the site with problems) up until the moment I
released, has gone completely haywire, exactly at the moment that I
decide to release as Murphy has prescribed. I would like you all to use
i-Directory http://www.math.utah.edu/ftp/pub/i-packages/iid/gwutah.iid
instead, until I get information on what is amiss with NTG.

If someone has a reliable and well connected web-site to offer where
i-Packages may be hosted, please contact me. I need about 200MB and
ssh/rsync access.

In the mean time, the link to TeX-fat.dmg, the volume containing
i-Installer.app, TeX and ghostscript, which was broken on
http://www.rna.nl/tex.html has been fixed.

The volume (60MB) can be downloaded from:
ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/volumes/tex/TeX-fat.dmg

The new i-Installer can be downloaded from:
ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/volumes/ii2/II2.dmg

The version string in i-Installer's about panel should read RC2a