[OS X TeX] TeXShop won't open .ps in jaguar

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Wed Oct 9 18:11:39 CEST 2002

Le mercredi, 9 oct 2002, à 17:53 Europe/Paris, tom a écrit :

> Since upgrading to 10.2 TexShop no longer opens .ps files. I double
> click
> on a .ps, TeXShop opens, but nothing happens. I'm using the latest
> teTeX
> and TeXShop versions. TIA for any suggestions....

Yes this has been reported several times, for both .ps and .eps files.
It might depend on the user's specific setup, as some people say either:

- that things work as before; or

- that dragging files onto TeXShop doesn't work, but that contextual
menus work (i.e., in the Finder control-click a .ps file and select
"Open with..." then TeXShop); or

- that nothing works.

I belong to the third class of users. Fortunately, command-line tools
still work: in a terminal window, you can still type:

- "ps2pdf13 filename.ps" for .ps files, and

- "epstopdf filename.eps" for .eps files.

Make sure that you use ps2pdf13 instead of ps2pdf (which calls ps2pdf12
implicitly), in case you installed GhostScript 7 instead of GhostScript
6.

Good luck,

Bruno Voisin