[OS X TeX] getting started

J.M.Font pep at mac-club.to
Fri Oct 11 17:58:20 CEST 2002

El 11/10/02, stephen brown va escriure:

>  I know I can create an ascii file with LateX code. I can edit the
>  .tex file that my coauthor has sent me (created in Scientific Word on
>  a PC) using BBedit lite, or Alpha.

To the very good advices you have already received, I would just add:
If your .tex file comes from Scientific Word, and after installing
everything you experience typesetting problems, look into the first
lines of the file for unusual \input or \usepackage commands:
Scientific Word sometimes does use its own style files (or fonts),
which might not be found in the standard distributions... then ask
your co-author to send you them.

J.M.Font