[OS X TeX] OT: ``beautiful document'' produced w/ TeX

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Wed Nov 6 20:23:06 CET 2002

Le mercredi, 6 nov 2002, à 19:41 Europe/Paris, William Adams a écrit :

> --------------begin quoted message---------------------
>
> The book "Life Cast: Behind the Mask" is a beautifully executed book
> that was done with TeX because no typesetter could do the layout spec'd
> by the graphic designers.
>
> [snip]
>
> I've put a 300dpi scan (350kb) of a page at
>  http://www.bluesky.com/mask/mask.gif
>
> Barry Smith wrote some amazing TeX macros to make it work.

In case you want to see more, there's a picture of this double page as
figure 3 in the intro of Textures' Users Guide, it's on p. 21 of the
printed guide for v1.7 and on p. 32 of the dvi guide on the CD for
v2.1. There you have the facing photograph of Dizzy Gillespie. How did
this guy manage to eat with such jaws? (Apart from producing the
beautiful noises in his trumpet, I mean).

Bruno Voisin