[OS X TeX] Postscript font problem

nrich123 at mac.com nrich123 at mac.com
Tue Nov 5 02:22:39 CET 2002

Thanks for all the help. I don't mind italic pound signs, so MB's
solution 1 works for me for now.

On the other hand, I'd like to understand what's going on. If you could
tell me the right
document to read to find out

(a) how to specify an encoding
(b) what the encodings are and why
(At least, I think an encoding maps glyph shapes to order number in an
array, but why are there
several encodings?)
(c) what a ui version of a font is
- I installed all the postscript bembo I had: roman, italic, semibold
and semibolditalic, bold and bolditalic.

I would be most grateful.

Thanks !

Nick