[OS X TeX] Re: CM-Super warnings (DONT IGNORE!)

Gerben Wierda Sherlock at rna.nl
Wed Nov 6 21:38:19 CET 2002

On Wednesday, Nov 6, 2002, at 20:42 Europe/Amsterdam, Ralph Martin
wrote:

> I was right the first time, sort of. There is some bad interaction
> between
> the Tex i-installers and / or the Ghostscript 7 i-installer, and
> the Super CM i-installer:

Not likely the ghostscript installer.

> After updating my TeX and ghostscript installations, I then got errors
> from Gerben's CM Super test file. They went away after I reopened the
> CM-Super i-installer, and re-ran its configure script.

Did you update, or did you remove and re-install TeX?

This is weird. CM-Super configuration runs the right updmap commands to
enable the cm-super map files. This is stored in the texmf.local
subdirectory. Unless you completely remove TeX, these shold survive a
re-install of TeX Foundation.

> Gerben, is there some way this can be (i) prevented or (ii)
> reconfiguring be done automatically if CM-Super is present?

Yes, probably if it really is a problem, but not soon. I am going on a
10-day vacation tomorrow, so it'll have to wait until later.