[OS X TeX] TeXShop 1.22 crash

Holger Frauenrath mail at frauenrath.com
Mon Nov 11 01:50:02 CET 2002

On Sunday, November 10, 2002, at 06:25 PM, Richard Koch wrote:

> pdflatex stops with a fatal error. Since I don't use pdflatex that way,
> I don't know if this is new behavior, or has always happened. Do
> any of you know?

Well, all I can say is that I did typeset documents with some missing
graphics files with previous versions of TeXShop/LaTeX without any
problems, as far as I remember. And I have definitely always included
file extensions. I hope that answers your question at least in part. Of
course I have no clue, whether the "new" behaviour is new in pdflatex
or in TeXShop. I have not tested TeXShop 1.19-21 today. The version of
TeX I am running is the last version before the introduction of
Gerben's new installer system (I wanted to wait for a final version
before I switch).

> As for the blank pdf window, I don't see that here. One bug at a time,
> please!!

:-)

This just happens with this document. Others display as they should.
Also, this one displays o.k., if you open it separately in TeXShop. But
when you typset the document again, a new pdf window is opened, with
all pages being empty. As I said: I seem to recall some discussion
about this problem on this list. Are the list archives searchable? The
google search does not seem to work for me ...

Michael: I think I cannot use TeX+Ghostscript, because all my graphics
are PDF files. Or can I use it nevertheless?

Holger

--
Dr. Holger Frauenrath
Northwestern University