[OS X TeX] TexShop installation problems

d'Artis Kancs kancs at mit.edu
Tue Nov 26 18:57:38 CET 2002

Fellows,

Recently I have reinstalled Texshop on my Mac. Bofore the reinstallation it
worked fine, but now it does not work at al. I can write, edit and save the
text. When I press the LaTex button, all apears is an empty console. It even
does not start, does not try to process the text - neither an empty template
nor my own documents. There are no error messages in the console window,
nothing. I installed the TexShop alredy a couple of times and can¹t find out
whats wrong?

When I checked the ENGINE path settings under prefenreces, I discovered that
there is a following path:
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current
However, there are no such files on my hard drive ­ neither in this nor in
other locations. Does one needs these files at at and if yes, how can they
be installed manually?

Is the classic OS necessary for texshop ( I do not have installed it).

Regards, D'Artis Kancs

Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive.