TeXShop and BBEdit (was Re: [OS X TeX] BBEdit 7.0)

Martin Stokhof stokhof at hum.uva.nl
Thu Nov 14 19:43:35 CET 2002

On Thursday, Nov 14, 2002, at 17:14 Europe/Amsterdam, Jeff Collins
wrote:

>> I am having problems getting this to work. I have configured TexShop
>> to work
>> with an external editor. I open a .tex file in BBEdit and edit it.
>> When I
>> switch to TeXShop window, it brings up an empty page
>
> I have noticed this as well.  I think it's a bug in TeXShop.  The

If I remember correctly Richard Koch once explained that this is
"prescribed behavior" (prescibed in Apple's interface guidelines). If
you click an application's icon in the dock, it opens a new window (if
none are open already). However, if you toggle between applications
using command-backspace, it does not.

Martin Stokhof