[OS X TeX] New Installer

Adrian Heathcote adrian.heathcote at philosophy.usyd.edu.au
Wed Nov 6 04:06:40 CET 2002

Hi Gerben

Many thanks for the excellent new i-installer! It is terrific. I have
gone through it all without a hitch and it is all working well.

A couple of times on the list you've mentioned that the new release of
tetex changes the way the system handles fonts---specifically wrt map
files and config files. So can I ask what the best practice is now for
the installation of postscript fonts.

1) where should the map and config files be so that they are safe from
future texmf tree upgrades? (does one put them in
<user>/library/texmf/dvips/config? Or where?)

2) is there a need for doing updmap or some such in the terminal?

Thanks again for the great work

Adrian Heathcote