[OS X TeX] footnote with asterisk

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 25 05:17:41 CET 2002

On 11/24/02 10:03 PM, "Fredrik Wallenberg" <fwallenberg at mac.com> wrote:

> What is wrong with using \thanks{} ?
>
> \title{Title of the Paper\thanks{I'm indebted to blah blah blah.}}
>
> Fredrik

Howdy,

I actually thought of that but was under the impressions that it would still
use the numbered footnote (a la the example in "A Guide to LaTeX"). I should
have checked it out before answering the way I did. Using \thanks{} in the
\author{} command seems to work great; I'll remember that, thanks.

The original example would have used the method I suggested.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)