[OS X TeX] Diacritic accents directly in source file

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Wed Nov 6 20:14:38 CET 2002

Le mercredi, 6 nov 2002, à 19:57 Europe/Paris, Juan Manuel Palacios a
écrit :

> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage[spanish]{babel}
> \usepackage{isolatin1}
> \usepackage{indentfirst}
> \usepackage{amsmath}

Try replacing

	\usepackage{isolatin1}

by

	\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}

But that depends on the encoding specified in the text editor you use.
latin1 is for UNIX-style keyboard design. In TeXShop this is called
"Iso latin"; the default, I think, is "Mac OS Roman", and for this you
shoud specify

	\usepackage[applemac]{inputenc}

The order in which the packages are loaded may matter, you may have to
experiment with this.

Hope this works, it does for me (for writing French with French
hyphenation).

Bruno Voisin