[OS X TeX] mathtime & book.cls

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Mon May 20 09:34:39 CEST 2002

On Monday, May 20, 2002, at 01:23 , Ross Moore wrote:

> Maybe this is a good time to mention another font problem related
> to the current configuration.
>
> This weekend I was typesetting a document which contained some images
> having the  Math1Mono  font embedded.
> (This font is from Wolfram Research Inc. --- used in Mathematica
> graphics.)
> There is a   +wolfram.map  entry, by default in  pdftex.cfg .
>
> The problem was that  pdfTeX  wanted to analyse and remake the font
> subsetting, but could not find the .tfm file, so tried to call Metafont
> to make it --- failing gracefully, but stopping.
> (I'm using a new system and haven't fetched and installed the required
> resources yet.)
>
> Simply commenting the line in pdftex.cfg fixed this:
>
> %map +wolfram.map

Ross,

What I can do is try to find out if the wolfram fonts are available at
install time and activate the wolfram.map accordingly. But when you
install the Wolfram fonts later, you will need to update by hand.

That would require for me to know where Wolfram fonts are found. Is that
a fixed location? If not, I can only do something about this when I get
some extensions to i-Installer done.

With the current installer technology this will always remain a problem.
I turn wolfram.map on by default because otherwise people using those
fonts will have to do some command line stuff (which I want to try to
prevent as much as possible).

In other words: go off list with this one and tell me more. Maybe I can
think of a a solution.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.