[OS X TeX] Epson C80 problems

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Fri May 10 14:47:56 CEST 2002

> I have tried printing tex output from texshop to an Epson C80, and
> certain characters do not come out right:
>
> bottoms of square roots and integral signs are chopped off
> large brackets around arrays have parts missing
> bottoms of other large brackets are missing
>
> Has anyone else seen these problems? If so, have you found any
> solutions?

The same thing happens on screen when you scroll through a page inside
TeXShop's built-in previewer (which actually calls an OS X routine to
display PDF code). On screen the problem is suppressed by refreshing the
view (for example, go back one page and then back to your original page).

This seems to indicate your printer is not PostScript, and uses instead
some bitmap rendering of the original PDF code.

I think none of this should happen using Acrobat Reader. Or maybe Apple
will correct the bug in OS 10.2?

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.