[OS X TeX] 7 new i-Packages

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Thu May 16 13:03:27 CEST 2002

On Thursday, May 16, 2002, at 07:15 , Fredrik Wallenberg wrote:

>> Note: please update i-Installer itself before proceeding.
>>

> I don't know what you mean by this.

Everybody who has i-installer installed, has done this by running
i-Installer, probably from a dedicated i-installer for i-Installer. You
can open that same dedicated i-Installer you originally used and ask for
an update. Or you can go to

http://www.rna.nl/ii.html

and download a new volume with a dedicated i-installer i-Installer from
there. That last one is preferable, because the dedicated version you
have is out of date and contain a few bugs (which so far all were
harmless I would like to add). Going through th eweb page is preferred
also because I update information there too which might be useful to
read once in a while.

I know this is a growth process and it has it's uncomfortable sides,
but, say, a year from now, it should all be pretty smooth. As soon as
the Security Framework is fixed (or Cocoa interfaces better with it) the
authentication business should be smooth. And I might add a way to
locate a 'directory' of available i-Packages pretty soon.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.