[OS X TeX] 7 new i-Packages

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Wed May 15 20:40:48 CEST 2002

I have lately been working on a first release of some additional
i-packages for TeX. I have one now (latex2rtf) and one which is needed
to support it (ImageMagick). The rest are by-products of the build I had
to make of ImageMagick (libtiff, jpeg, etc). I am announcing all of
these here, on this list so we can get a small real world test of these
packages.

Note: please update i-Installer itself before proceeding.

Here is the list. Enter these URL's in the "Open URL..." panel of
i-Installer.

http://www.ntg.nl/macosx-tex/i-packages/bzip2.ii (BZIP2 compression
library and tools)
http://www.ntg.nl/macosx-tex/i-packages/libpng.ii (PNG graphics library)
http://www.ntg.nl/macosx-tex/i-packages/libtiff.ii (TIFF graphics
library and tools)
http://www.ntg.nl/macosx-tex/i-packages/jpeg.ii (JPEG graphics library
and tools)
http://www.ntg.nl/macosx-tex/i-packages/freetype2.ii (Freetype 2
graphics library and tools)
http://www.ntg.nl/macosx-tex/i-packages/netpbm.ii (Netpbm graphics
library and tools)
http://www.ntg.nl/macosx-tex/i-packages/ImageMagick.ii (ImageMagick
graphics library and tools)
http://www.ntg.nl/macosx-tex/i-packages/latex2rtf.ii (LaTeX to RTF
converter, needs ImageMagick)

NB: These packages do not demand authorisation, but they do check if you
have actual write access in the (standard) locations (e.g.
/usr/local/bin). If you do not have that access as ordinary user, you
need to run i-installer as root.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.