[OS X TeX] Simple Illustration Program

Arun Mangalam arun_mangalam at mac.com
Wed May 22 20:34:07 CEST 2002

Just some extra info :). There are two versions of gnuplot with
different feature sets:

1. Carbon gnuplot [http://homepage.mac.com/gnuplot/index.html]:
--> plots can be accumulated into QuickTime movies [VERY nice]
--> can export to PICT [does anyone really use PICT anymore?]
--> uses old QuickDraw

2. commandline gnuplot w/ AquaTerm
--> from AquaTerm, plots can be directly saved as EPS/PDF
--> screen output looks a lot better than the Carbon one
--> uses Quartz

I have both versions of gnuplot's because of their respective features
[I forgot about the Carbon gnuplot]. The commandline gnuplot is
especially useful because of Octave... I looking into creating a
QuickTime terminal for gnuplot [problem is QuickTime code is based on
MacOS Carbon programming which is verrry ugly code compared to Cocoa].

- Arun

On Wednesday, May 22, 2002, at 11:41 AM, Gina Wilson wrote:

> Just some info - the carbon version of gnuplot reads data with mac line
> endings and the fink version reads data with unix line endings.  I know
> you can switch back and forth but if you have lots of data with one
> type of line endings (like me) I have found it easier to just use the
> corresponding version.
>
> Gina
> On Wednesday, May 22, 2002, at 10:11  AM, Bernard Knaepen wrote:
>
>> there is also a carbon version of gnuplot, not requiring fink or
>> Xwindows (search with google)
>>
>> Bernard.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.