[OS X TeX] mathtime & book.cls

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Mon May 20 01:23:42 CEST 2002

> On Sunday, May 19, 2002, at 11:36 , Michael Betsch wrote:
>
> > and then run this script ("sudo ./updmap" inside the dvips/config
> > directory),
> > then the test file is processed correctly, because always the Adobe
> > fonts are called.
> >

> Just wait a very short while. Thomas Esser has completely rewritten the
> updmap system and it has just been added to TeX Live. I will produce an
> upgrade asap. Probably, the whole script will be removed from the
> dvips/config directory.

Maybe this is a good time to mention another font problem related
to the current configuration.

This weekend I was typesetting a document which contained some images
having the  Math1Mono  font embedded.
(This font is from Wolfram Research Inc. --- used in Mathematica graphics.)
There is a   +wolfram.map  entry, by default in  pdftex.cfg .

The problem was that  pdfTeX  wanted to analyse and remake the font
subsetting, but could not find the .tfm file, so tried to call Metafont
to make it --- failing gracefully, but stopping.
(I'm using a new system and haven't fetched and installed the required
resources yet.)

Simply commenting the line in pdftex.cfg fixed this:

%map +wolfram.map

In a little while we'll see what's required with Thomas' new setup.

Cheers,

	Ross

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.