[OS X TeX] Simple Illustration Program

Tore Haug-Warberg haugwarb at chembio.ntnu.no
Thu May 23 10:07:21 CEST 2002

At 09:24 AM 5/23/02 +0200, Bruno Voisin wrote:

>I don't know whether this would suit your needs, but have you tried
>another MATLAB clone, called SciLab (http://www-rocq.inria.fr/scilab)?
>There is an OS X version, but the ReadMe says "It requires a proper
>environment an Xwindow server environment (XFree)".

Thanks for the tip! I've just browsed the web cite and it looks like SciLab
is a numerical tool with some analytical capabilities (polynomials). My
guess is that SciLab has a sound theroretical basis in linear algebra
(while Matlab is more ad hoc).

Tore.

Norwegian U. of Science and Technology

"help" (no quotes) in the body.