[OS X TeX] hyperref, doublespace and figure

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Fri May 24 01:09:30 CEST 2002

Hi Serge,

> Hi;
>
> If any one interested, I found my way: use setspace package in place of
> doublespace.

This problem arose earlier, a couple of months ago, with the same solution.
(Perhaps it wasn't on this email list.)

As a general principle, if you have problems of inconsistent packages,
especially inconsistancies involving  hyperref , then look at the
date on the other package(s).

If earlier than 1994 -- that's LaTeX2.09 only; look for a later package.

If earlier than 1997 --- when hyperref was first written --- then again
look for an update, or a more recent package that does the same kind of
thing. (However, some incompatibilities may not have been noticed and
fixes devised, until 1999 or later.)

Hyperlinking adds a whole new level of complexity to many typesetting
structures. So if your package alters aspects of such structures, then
you are likely to have compatibility problems with hyperref, unless
the package was written to be "hyperref-aware", say.

For compatibility with non-hyperref use with LaTeX2.09 and LaTeX2e,
those older packages are left untouched, and the functionality revised
within a newer package having a different name.

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore

> Serge.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.