[OS X TeX] Epson C80 problems

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cf.ac.uk
Fri May 10 14:51:03 CEST 2002

At 2:47 pm +0200 10/5/02, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>>I have tried printing tex output from texshop to an Epson C80, and
>>certain characters do not come out right:
>>
>>bottoms of square roots and integral signs are chopped off
>>large brackets around arrays have parts missing
>>bottoms of other large brackets are missing
>>
>>Has anyone else seen these problems? If so, have you found any solutions?
>
>The same thing happens on screen when you scroll through a page
>inside TeXShop's built-in previewer (which actually calls an OS X
>routine to display PDF code). On screen the problem is suppressed by
>refreshing the view (for example, go back one page and then back to
>your original page).

I had noticed that up to now on my Cinema Display :-) :-), but you are right.

>I think none of this should happen using Acrobat Reader. Or maybe
>Apple will correct the bug in OS 10.2?

I'll try reporting it as a bug to Apple, as I am a developer.

Ralph
Prof Ralph Martin
Dept of Computer Science            Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
Cardiff University                  Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
PO Box 916, 5 The Parade            Email: mailto:ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk
Cardiff, CF24 3XF, United Kingdom   WWW:   http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/
"help" (no quotes) in the body.