[OS X TeX] PDF Compatibility

Vinayak Vatsal vatsal at math.ubc.ca
Thu May 9 20:43:10 CEST 2002

Hi,

I've been trying unsuccessfully to print a PDF document from a standard
internet preprint server, but with complete lack of success. I tried from
Preview, which can't even display it, and from Acrobat, which displays it
okay, and claims to print it, but the job never gets to the printer (Print
Center freezes, as does Acrobat, eventually). I tried to convert to ps via
the command line and recreate the PDF, but that doesn't work either.

Looking at the document, it seems to have been created with some kind of
test version of gs 7.10.

Does anybody know where this problem lies, and how to work around it?

The URL for document for those wishing to try is

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/math/pdf/0109/0109204.pdf

Thanks in advance.

---------
Vinayak Vatsal