[OS X TeX] Simple Illustration Program

Tore Haug-Warberg haugwarb at chembio.ntnu.no
Wed May 22 11:49:32 CEST 2002

Hi,

I have had this problem for years and would be glad to discuss it.
Basically I have four distinct problems:

1a) Plotting x,y-data with axes and legends (Matlab)
1b) Plotting x,y-data with tilted axes like in triangular composition
diagrams (Matlab?)
2)   Vector based drawings (Omnigraffle?)
3)   Free-hand drawings (no alternatives)

Maybe we should go off-line and come back when (if) we reach a conclusion?

Tore.

PS. I am teaching thermodynamics myself and have a constant need of making
simple diagrams with correct slopes but otherwise arbitrary. So, a drawing
program with interpreted in-line math-functions would be GREAT (maybe I
should look at GNU-plot once more).

At 07:43 PM 5/15/02 -0500, Zachary S. Davis wrote:
>Wednesday, 15 May 2002
>

>Hello,
>
>I need to make some simple thermodynamic cycle (Brayton/Humphrey cycles)
>illustrations to include into my LaTeX document.  I was wondering what
>kind of program others use to accomplish similar task where a simple
>diagram is needed for inclusion into a LaTeX file.
>
>Thanks,

>Zachary S. Davis
>Department of Aerospace Engineering
>University of Texas at Arlington
>P.O. Box 19032
>Arlington, TX 76019
>
>Home:    (817) 272-6418            zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu
>Office:     (817) 272-5269
>
>          "Genius, that power that dazzles mortal eyes,
>           is oft but perseverance in disguise."
>
>                         --Henry Willard Austin
>"help" (no quotes) in the body.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.