[OS X TeX] data exchange: how?

Adrian Heathcote adrian.heathcote at philosophy.usyd.edu.au
Thu May 16 17:57:40 CEST 2002

I also have this problem. But if it is just a matter of your colleague
editing and adding why not just give him the plain text source file. If
there is very little maths in the file then it is directly
readable---and what isn't can be guessed at. You then take back the file
and make sure its ok for reTeXing. After all \textit{} is pretty easy to
work out!

Adrian Heathcote

On Friday, May 17, 2002, at 01:38 AM, Oliver Hardt wrote:

> in my department i am still in the minority as a (la)tex user.  most
> people i work with use word, and usually i send them my work as pdf and
> they are happy.  this time, however, it is more or less necessary that
> my colleague is able to edit and modify the text -- it is too
> cumbersome to do that in adobe acrobat (let's say the colleague doesn't
> like that at all).
>
> therefore i am asking for the best solution to exchange a latexed
> document with someone who does not use latex or pdf but word or
> something similar.  any ideas?
>
> thanks!  olli.

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.