MacOSX-TeX Digest #272 - 03/23/02

Sun Mar 24 02:00:01 CET 2002

MacOSX-TeX Digest #272 - Saturday, March 23, 2002

  Re: [OS X TeX] metapost using pdflatex
          by "Claus Gerhardt" <gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de>
  Re: OzTeX 5.0a is now available
          by "Andrew Trevorrow" <andrew at trevorrow.com>
  Re: [OS X TeX] metapost using pdflatex
          by "Radhakrishnan CV" <cvr at river-valley.org>
  Re: Feature suggestion, bug report -Re: [OS X TeX] Equation Service
          by "Radhakrishnan CV" <cvr at river-valley.org>
  GWTeXServices download
          by <get86 at mac.com>
          by "Joseph C. Slater" <joseph.slater at wright.edu>
  Re: [OS X TeX] metapost using pdflatex
          by "Joseph C. Slater" <joseph.slater at wright.edu>
  Re: [OS X TeX] metapost using pdflatex
          by "Arun Mangalam" <arun_mangalam at mac.com>
  Help: Mathtime
          by "Mark William Bannar-Martin" <mbannar-martin at pearson-college.u
  Re: [OS X TeX] Help: Mathtime
          by "Marie Nielse" <n.marie at noos.fr>
  Re: [OS X TeX] metapost using pdflatex
          by "Joseph C. Slater" <joseph.slater at wright.edu>
  Re: [OS X TeX] RevTeX
          by "Gerben Wierda" <sherlock at rna.nl>
  Re: [OS X TeX] GWTeXServices download
          by "Gerben Wierda" <sherlock at rna.nl>

Subject: Re: [OS X TeX] metapost using pdflatex
From: "Claus Gerhardt" <gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 03:32:27 +0100

I use the excellent package mfpic which calls  metapost to create
graphics; it works just fine including text and labels in the graphic.

Claus

>I've tried using metapost to generate eps files, convert them to
>pdf, and embed them into pdflatex, but the text doesn't show up in
>the eps or the pdf file. Going the old latex->dvi->ps->pdf works
>fine, but I'd like to stick to pdflatex if possible (I'm getting
>comfortable with it). Is there another way at it using metapost
>(like metapdf?).
>thanks,
>Joe
>Joseph C. Slater, PhD
>Associate Professor
>Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engg, Wright State University,
>3640 Colonel Glenn Highway, Dayton, OH 45435
>Phone: (+1) 937-775-5040, Fax: (+1) 937-775-5009,
>http://www.engineering.wright.edu/~jslater

>"help" (no quotes) in the body.

Claus Gerhardt
Institut für Angewandte Mathematik