[OS X TeX] Help: Mathtime

Siep siepo at cybercomm.nl
Sun Mar 24 11:16:09 CET 2002

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 13:20:08 +1100
Adrian Heathcote <adrian.heathcote at philosophy.usyd.edu.au> wrote:

> However, it seems to me that users of TeXShop shouldn't need special Mac
> fonts. The fonts aren't going into any of the various system font
> folders are not being read as standard fonts. They go in the various
> folders of teTeX and are read by it alone. So the instructions for
> install should be as per any other teTeX-UNIX set up.
>
> Can someone confirm that this is so? If it is then the installation
> instructions should come as part of GW's distribution.
>
> HTH
>
> Adrian Heathcote

I am pretty sure that you merely need to drop the pfb's into an
appropriate place in a temf tree, i.e. under a fonts/type1. Thomas Esser's
texmf tree has MathTime support preinstalled, including mapfile entries.
The only thing missing is the actual pfb's. And I seem to recall that
Gerben's texmf trees include the one from Thomas.

Siep

"help" (no quotes) in the body.