[OS X TeX] synchronize laptop and desktop

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Wed Mar 27 14:38:01 CET 2002

The best tool for this is rsync which works fine if you have ssh access
on the receiving system. However, most tools, like rsync, are unix-tools
and will not copy resource forks. Neither my TeX/ghostscript
distribution nor many pure Mac OS X applications use resource forks.

Otherwise, drag/drop on a NFS-mounted volume (or ditto) will work.

On Tuesday, March 26, 2002, at 05:07 , Donal Day wrote:

> I have TeXShop, tetex, etc  intalled on my desktop. Is there a
> mechanism (script) whereby I can create the same installation on my
> laptop without repeating  the  steps of downloading, installing, etc?
>
> Is there a Unix tools that can make the  disks on both machines
> identical?
>
> Donal Day
>
> Institute of Nuclear and Particle Physics
> Department of Physics
> University of Virginia
> 382 McCormick Rd.
> P.O Box 400714