[OS X TeX] ANNOUNCE: New TeX/gs releases for Mac OS X

Michel Bovani michel.bovani at wanadoo.fr
Fri Mar 29 00:37:54 CET 2002

Le 28/03/02 21:23, « Gerben Wierda » <sherlock at rna.nl> a écrit :

> On Thursday, March 28, 2002, at 05:31 , Gérard Degrez wrote:
>> OK, I misunderstood. I thought TeX Live from March 12th, 2002 would
>> include the January 2002 version.
> Has there actually been a Jan/2002 version? Because I have been told
> that the LATeX team has moved to a yearly schedule, so the next one
> after June 2001 will be June 2002.

You are right...

See texmf/source/latex/base/ltnews13.tex

%    [lw35fonts]     % uncomment this line to get Palatino

% \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

\section{Yearly release cycle}

We announced in \textit{\LaTeX{} News~11} that we intended to switch
to a 12-monthly release schedule.  With the present (June~2000)
release, this switch is being made: thus the next release of \LaTeX{}
will be dated June~2001.  We shall of course continue, as in the past,
to release patches as needed to fix significant bugs.

Michel Bovani