[OS X TeX] Help: Mathtime

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Sun Mar 24 04:00:11 CET 2002

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 at 19:34, William McCallum wrote:

   On Saturday, March 23, 2002, at 07:20  PM, Adrian Heathcote wrote:

   [...]
      it alone. So the instructions for install should be as per any
      other teTeX-UNIX set up.

      Can someone confirm that this is so? If it is then the
      installation instructions should come as part of GW's
      distribution.

   I think this is right. In fact, when I wanted to install my
   Postscript Mathtime and MathPi fonts from Mac OS 9 into teTeX, I
   had to convert them from the Macintosh format to .pfb format,
   which I believe is the same format as Windows uses. So I would
   guess that downloading the Windows versions will work fine, but
   haven't tried it.

Yes, I can vouch that the windows or Unix/Linux TeX fonts work fine
in OS X teTeX. I have copied txr fonts (a full set of free math
fonts that is similar to Mathtime in look and feel, fits well
with fonts like Times and available at CTAN) from my GNU/Linux box
to my friend's OS X notebook, installed and worked well.

By the way, if you dont have any commercial obligations, you can try
the txr fonts (a complete set of math fonts) which saves money and
provides enough freedom of usage, copying, sharing with your people,
etc.

--
Radhakrishnan

"help" (no quotes) in the body.