[OS X TeX] A french dictionary for TeXShop

William McCallum mccallumwilliam at qwest.net
Sun Mar 3 01:17:40 CET 2002

If you are using CocoAspell, you can get dictionaries for many
languages, including French, from

http://homepage.mac.com/leuski/cocoaspell/dictionaries.html

There are installation instructions there too. After installation your
Spelling dialogue box will have a pop-up menu with a choice of
dictionaries.

I did this when writing an email to a French colleague. Now Mail.app and
TeXShop think French should be my default dictionary. I'm flattered, but
I did have to turn off "Check Spelling as You Type".
I haven't yet figured out how to reorder the priority in the pop-up menu.

Regards,
		Bill McCallum

On Saturday, March 2, 2002, at 02:59  PM, Jerome Dubois wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> A little question about TeXShop : How to change the "Spelling", I have
> just the English dictionary and I want a French dictionary, where I can
> found it ?
>
> Thanks,
> Jerome

"help" (no quotes) in the body.