[OS X TeX] teTeX does not run on OS X

C. Dube cdube at zentr-verw.uni-kiel.de
Tue Mar 12 08:51:43 CET 2002

Hi,

I've installed the latest teTeX-Version on OS 10.1.3 but it does not
run. If I press the
Latex-Button in TeXShop, I get the following message:

"This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211 (Web2c 7.3.7)
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)"

Gerben told me to uninstall my teTeX and than reinstall it. I did so,
but it did not help anyway. After the installation I always get the
message that the installer was unable to create all *.ini-files like
pdftex.ini etc.

Because I am not used to unix I do not know what to do.

Maybe there is someone who can?

Thank you,

Christian

"help" (no quotes) in the body.