[OS X TeX] OzTeX 5.0a and xypic

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Mar 27 10:47:57 CET 2002

>Thanks, I guess I should of asked -what do I need to do to get it
>working with OzTeX 5.0a?  (or, I know little more than I did :(
>
>-TR

Sorry - that was a bit brief :-)

You need to download the various files from CTAN.

They are in /tex-archive/macros/generic/diagrams/xypic

or  ftp://ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/generic/diagrams/xypic/

The XY-pic homepage is at

http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~krisrose/Xy-pic.html

If you want to produce pdf you will need postscript xypic fonts
which are available but I have forgotten where from ! I also recall
having problems with them and Tom Kacvinsky fixing them for me.
If you have using Mac OS 9 and get freezes try the fonts at

ftp://mmurray:@maths.adelaide.edu.au//archive/public/pure/mmurray/XY.sit

I think these are the ones Tom fixed up.  Sorry to sound so vague
I haven't thought about this stuff for awhile.

If you have teTeX installed xy-pic comes with it and teTeX also
has the appropriate .pfb xypic ps fonts.

Michael

"help" (no quotes) in the body.