[OS X TeX] Fonts in OSX - TeX

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Tue Mar 5 13:56:29 CET 2002

>Hi -
>
>I would appreciate some advice regarding how to manage fonts in my
>OSX LaTeX implementation (tetex, TeXShop - on a machine running OSX
>only, no Classic).
>
>I've downloaded the CM/PS, AMS/PS and LaTeX screen fonts from
>Bluesky (http://www.bluesky.com/download/index.html)  -- but what do
>I do with these? Are these the correct set of fonts for OSX? Do I
>need all these fonts, and where do they go? Are there some documents
>that can be used to test the effects of these fonts (i.e., with and
>without)?
>
>If not these fonts, then which ones? I'm clearly missing something
>in my implementation, since I've encountered many display and
>printing problems .. in some cases with Acrobat Reader but in other
>cases also with Previewer. Sometimes I receive PDF files from others
>and can't display or print these. I know I didn't have such problems
>under OS 9 since I had installed all fonts in proper places.
>
>Thanks in advance ...
>
>- Hemant

Hi Hemant,

I don't think you need to do anything for the TeX side of things.
Those three sets of fonts will all come with
teTeX and already be installed in the correct places.

Whenever I have had pdf's I can't read it is because the author
hasn't embedded the ps fonts properly in the
document and so they are bitmaps on screen although they print OK.
So I guess I don't know the answer
to your Acrobat Reader problems.

-- Michael

Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt