[OS X TeX] Re: OzTeX 5.0a is now available

Andrew Trevorrow andrew at trevorrow.com
Fri Mar 22 11:00:23 CET 2002

>> There is a new config file in :TeX:Configs: called "Use texmf tree".
>> It shows how to tell the Oz* apps to search the texmf trees created by
>> Gerben Wierda's teTeX installer.  Before using the config file you'll
>> need to make a few changes -- see the comments inside the file.
>
> I haven't d/l'd the alpha, yet, but I wanted to ask, how may this affect those of us who either installed Wierda's teTeX using fink (so that it is in fink's /sw directory) or who installed another version of teTeX?  Thanks.

No problem.  Every search path in the config file starts with

   OSX:usr:local:teTeX:share:...

so just replace that prefix with the correct path for your teTeX.
Even users of Gerben's installer will have to replace "OSX" with the
name of their OS X start-up volume.

NB. When I drop support for OS 8/9 (probably in 5.1) I will allow
Unix paths in OzTeX config files so you can do things like

input_folders = |
   ~/Library/texmf/tex/** |
   /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/** |
   etc...

Andrew

"help" (no quotes) in the body.