[OS X TeX] iTeXMac icons and TeXShop

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Mar 11 01:08:08 CET 2002

>OK, this is rather trivial, but incredibly annoying nonetheless.  I
>once installed iTeXMac on my machine, which promptly colonized tex
>files by setting them to open with it instead of with TeXShop, and
>putting it's icon on each of those files as well.  Now, despite
>having deleted the damn thing from my system, I still find the same
>icon on every tex file I save with TeXShop.  How do I fix this
>(other than manually changing the icon on each file)?
>
>Bruce

>"help" (no quotes) in the body.
>------------------------

Hi Bruce

I think that it should be enough to go to one file called something.tex and
in the Finder do File > Show Info There is a menu saying General Information
click on that and select Open with application. Set it to TeXShop and
do the change all option.

If that doesn't work go into ~Library/Preferences and delete the files

LSApplications
LSClaimedTypes
LSSchemes

and log out and log in again.  This last trick is supposed to be the
OS X equivalent of rebuilding the desktop.

Michael
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt