[OS X TeX] Slowdown in mac-emacs and PATH variable

Enrico Franconi franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
Tue Mar 5 08:24:28 CET 2002

On March 5, Jan Erik Moström writes:
> >On the other topic of the PATH not being correctly visible from within
> >emacs,
>
> Isn't this due to what happens when a shell is started from a Mac OS
> X application and not from the terminal ... there is a technote
> about this from Apple (I haven't got the URL right now).
>
> Basically, you need to define a XML list with the environment
> variables (go to www.barebones.com, look at their FAQ 18 (I think)
> for BBEdit and there is a link to the technote).

I'm perfectly aware of this solution, which I believe is the worst
one. I do NOT want to replicate my long .cshrc file in a XML
file. Moreover, I define many aliases, and have many conditional
statements that would get lost in this way. I really want that my
.cshrc complex script is eventually loaded, since this is what I
expect from it, and this is what is written in the documentation of
any tcsh of the world.

cheers
-- e.

Enrico Franconi                     - franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
University of Manchester            - http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~franconi/
Department of Computer Science      - Phone: +44 (161) 275 6170
Manchester M13 9PL, UK              - Fax:   +44 (161) 275 6204

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.