[OS X TeX] How do I instal Mathtime fonts?

Takanori Uchiyama uchiyama at appi.keio.ac.jp
Wed Mar 13 06:43:05 CET 2002

Hi everybody

From: Peter Erwin <erwin at ll.iac.es>
Subject: Re: [OS X TeX] How do I instal Mathtime fonts?
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:50:55 +0000

> (On the CTAN archive, you can find a set of Unix font utilities
> called t1utils, which
> will compile and run on MacOS X, if you have the Developer Tools
> installed.  But
> they have to be run via command-line in the Terminal, so that may not be what
> people want.   I imagine that the CMacTeX utilities are nice GUI
> versions of these.)

And Mac OS version fonts contain their data in their POST resouce.
Before you use t1utils, you have to covert the fonts to MacBinary or
something like that.  Very very long ago, we could use UnAdobe which
could extract font data from POST resources and convert them PFA/PFB
formats.  But the program can not run current version of Mac OS
because the program runs only 24 bit addressing mode (you need IIci or
same generation Macs).  I ported parts of t1utils for Mac OS 8-9 in
order to convert Mac fonts.  Im' sorry that their documents were
written in Japanese (sorry) but I think that the usage is no so
difficult.  Launch the apprication and then simply choose the target
fonts. If you want to try them, please get following URL.

ftp://macptex.appi.keio.ac.jp/pub/mac/tools
extpostsit.hqx   Exract POST resource and covert it PFA.
t1utils.sit.hqx  t1asm, t1disasm, t1ascii and t1binary.
--
Takanori

"help" (no quotes) in the body.