[OS X TeX] Search for pdf editor

Costa Colbert colbert at jump.net
Sun Mar 24 23:23:36 CET 2002

Correct, it doesn't yet support OS X, apparently Adobe has not yet
released the developers information for plugins.

I have had very little success with Pitstop.  I actually maintain a 3.3
Nextstep machine to keep Tailor alive. The ENFOCUS folks seem unable to
understand that their new products seem greatly inferior to their old. A
real shame.

Costa Colbert

On Wednesday, March 20, 2002, at 11:15 PM, Adrian Heathcote wrote:

> Philip
>
> In addition to Acrobat 5 there is a product from ENFOCUS called Pitstop
> 5.0 professional. It will edit pdfs---but like Acrobat 5 it costs. I'm
> also not sure how independent of Distiller it is, and that, as you
> note, has not been carbonised.
>
> Adrian Heathcote
>

> On Thursday, March 21, 2002, at 03:55 AM, Lucien Lemmens wrote:
>

>>> pneukom asked:
>>>
>>> AFAIK, Adobe Acrobat, the full version, the product formerly known as
>>> Exchange is the only thing which will do this.

>>> text,
>>>
>>> That's a limitation of .pdf---it precisely places text, and loses the
>>> concept of paragraph. Although Tailor.app in NeXTstep was able to do
>>> this with .ps files, that capability has been lost, unless it's
>>> preserved in OneVision's program(s), www.onevision.com

>>> That's annotation

>>> We're all waiting on that, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>>
>>> William
>>>

>> I am using at present Acrobat 5 under OSX and except for a few things
>> ( indexing and html-exporting with a plug in) everything works,
>> especially annotations. The indexing is no problem for files on the
>> hard disk because the indexing capabilities of Sherlock are organized
>> in a different way such that single folders can be indexed. (The
>> shortcoming is that I do not know how the index can be transferred to
>> CD-rom)
>>
>> L Lemmens

>> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> "help" (no quotes) in the body.