[OS X TeX] Captions in graphix

Dr. Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Mon Mar 11 03:23:52 CET 2002

Since someone already brought up the topic of graphics in TeXShop again,
I thought I'd ask another question which has been
bothering me for a while.  I can now get my pdf files to include without
lots of dead white space, but I notice that when I use the
graphix command, e.g.

\begin{figure}[h!]
\centering
\includegraphics{figure1}
\caption{The near-edge region of a Cu-doped
($\mathrm{T_{Cu}:800^{\circ}\,C}$) ZnO film (thinner lines) as grown (g)
and post-anneal (a). The near-edge spectra for $\mathrm{Cu_{2}O}$ and
CuO samples (thick lines) are included for reference }
\label{fig:Cu800Ts300}
\end{figure}

The caption for the graphic is in a *larger* font than the text body -
and extends over the margin of the main body text (it looks very bad).
Is there someway to "fix" this?

"help" (no quotes) in the body.