[OS X TeX] Updated MacDviX and MacGhostViewX

Enrico Franconi franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
Mon Mar 18 20:22:49 CET 2002

On March 18, Tom Kiffe writes:
> As mentioned above, MacDviX can have your editor open the source
> file and highlight the appropriate line only if you are using BBEdit
> or Alpha. This can be extended to other editors which have some
> mechanism whereby another program can tell them to open a particular
> file and highlight a given line.  Send me email if you want to
> implement this feature with a different editor.

With X11 emacs, just unix call
emacs +n filename
where n is the line number

With Carbon mac-emacs, just unix call
tcsh -c '/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs +n filename &'
Please note that the tcsh, the quotes, and the & are all essential

Hope this helps
cheers
-- e.

Enrico Franconi                     - franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
University of Manchester            - http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~franconi/
Department of Computer Science      - Phone: +44 (161) 275 6170
Manchester M13 9PL, UK              - Fax:   +44 (161) 275 6204

"help" (no quotes) in the body.