[OS X TeX] More on Illustrator 10 Font Problems with TeXShop / TeTex

Gordon Sick gordonsick at mac.com
Sun Mar 31 06:11:27 CEST 2002

Hi,
	My son and I are having a variety of problems with Illustrator 10
and fonts with TeXShop, on 4 different machines. In our most reliable
configuration, I can run TeXShop on the following LaTex code:
\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\begin{document}
$A\cdot A-B$
  \end{document}

If I  run TeXShop with the PdfTex option on, I get a PDF file , which
doesn't render the dot or the minus sign in Illustrator 10, but which
renders it in Acrobat 5 (the full Acrobat, not the Reader).
	If I run TeXShop with the Tex and GhostScript Option, I get a PDF
file, which does render the dot and the minus sign in Illustrator 10.
	I've installed the Tex-Illustrator fonts in
/Library/Fonts/ComputerModern I've also installed them in
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts/TeX-Illustrator.

	There is great support here for TeXShop and teTex on the Mac, so I
thank you in advance for your help.
--gordon Sick

"help" (no quotes) in the body.