[OS X TeX] How to Insert Graphics Using TeXShop?

Zachary Davis zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu
Mon Mar 11 05:57:52 CET 2002

I have been able to successfully center the .eps files in my document,
but a couple more questions have arisen.  First, the figures in my
document don't seem to be integrated into the text of the document.  The
figures seem to be placed at the end of the document, which is
undesired.  Secondly, with the \caption{} command I get a label Figure
1: plus whatever I put within the braces {}.  My first question in
regards to this would be is there a way to decrease the vertical spacing
between the actual figure and the Figure caption itself?  Secondly, is
there a way to have the numbering so that I can have Figure 2.1, rather
than Figure 1?

Thanks,

Zachary S. Davis
Department of Aerospace Engineering
University of Texas at Arlington
P.O. Box 19032
Arlington, TX 76019

Home:    (817) 272-6418            zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu
Office:    (817) 272-5269

          “Genius, that power that dazzles mortal eyes,
	  is oft but perseverance in disguise."

			--Henry Willard Austin
"help" (no quotes) in the body.