[OS X TeX] How do I instal Mathtime fonts?

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Tue Mar 12 13:55:22 CET 2002

Just realised (after reading Michael Murray's message) that I forgot
something basic: you have to (1) convert your MathTime fonts to PFB
format and (2) install them at the appropriate place.

I have Lucida and MathTime fonts installed. Here's (as far as I can
remember) what I did:

(1) Assuming you have the font in former Apple LaserWriter format (LWFN
font file), CMacTeX contains a utility t1utils for performing the
conversion to PFB format. From a posting to this list by Tom Kiffe, on 2
May 2001:

> CMacTeX contains a Carbon t1utils program and an accompanying Apple
> Script
> called lwfn2pfb. Just drop your Macintosh Printer Fonts onto the Apple
> Script and it will convert all of them to pfb format.

(2) In your home directory create, if it's not already here, a directory
~/Library/texmf/fonts/type1/yandy/mathtime, and put your PFB files
there. For me, I have just the basic MathTimes set, that's

mtex.pfb
mtsy.pfb
rmtmi.pfb

As a whole, my directories for Lucida and MathTime fonts in
~/Library/texmf/fonts/type1/yandy/ are, just like Michael Murray said:

lubright
lucida
lucidfax
lucsans