[OS X TeX] Help: Mathtime

Adrian Heathcote adrian.heathcote at philosophy.usyd.edu.au
Sun Mar 24 03:20:08 CET 2002

Just on the purchasing question.

I've been in contact with Y&Y recently over their neglect of their Mac
customers. Their site is very Windoze friendly and gives scant
information for Mac users. Also Windoze users are able to download fonts
through digital river, whereas mac users get them sent, by post and at
considerable cost to overseas customers, on a floppy disc with the fonts
on that. (Not even on CD!).

Y&Y (very nice and apologetic) have promised to upgrade their service
for Mac users very soon.

However, it seems to me that users of TeXShop shouldn't need special Mac
fonts. The fonts aren't going into any of the various system font
folders are not being read as standard fonts. They go in the various
folders of teTeX and are read by it alone. So the instructions for
install should be as per any other teTeX-UNIX set up.

Can someone confirm that this is so? If it is then the installation
instructions should come as part of GW's distribution.

HTH

Adrian Heathcote

On Sunday, March 24, 2002, at 05:27 AM, Mark William Bannar-Martin wrote:

> I am using LaTeX and TeXShop. I used the line \usepackage{times} and
> the text was set in times as anticipated. I used the line
> \usepackage{times,mathtime} with text and mathematics --- again the
> text was set in times but the mathematical symbols were missing. I have
> since learned that the mathtime font set must be purchased from Y&Y
> tex.  I have two questions:
>
> 1) Is it an easy matter to install these mathtime fonts for use with
> PdfTeX and TeXShop?
> 2) Is it an easy matter to use these mathtime fonts to label Adobe
> Illustrator diagrams?
>
> Any advice on the limitations or advantages of times and mathtime would
> be most welcome. I am looking for a font-mathfont combination with a
> heavier weight than CM. Suggestions on other font combinations would be
> appreciated.
>
> Mark.

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.