[OS X TeX] printing postscript

Travis Beals trbeals at interchange.ubc.ca
Fri Mar 15 19:25:58 CET 2002

I've noticed that LaTeX-generated PDFs seem to print very slowly on my
inkjet (Lexmark Z22).  I'm not sure whether the same is also true of
other PDFs, as I don't print that often.

I have a PB 550MHz, and yet printing in OS X on this machine seems far
slower than printing was on my old 233 iMac under OS 9. Anybody know why?

V. Vatsal: are you printing to a PostScript or an inkjet printer? If
it's postscript, you may be able to use lpr from the command line.

-Travis

On Friday, March 15, 2002, at 09:56 AM, V. Vatsal wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there any quick way to print postscript files in OS X without
> converting to PDF first? This method is painfully slow with a large
> papers using PK fonts. Eg, I have a 110 page paper which has been at
> the "processing job" stage for about 10 mins, and it's still not done.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -- Nike V.

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.