[OS X TeX] How do I instal Mathtime fonts?

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Tue Mar 12 13:18:00 CET 2002

Hi

I am not a font expert either but I have the lucida  bright fonts working
fine with TeXShop thanks to various people here.  I have the fonts in
pfb form and have put the .pfb files in

~/Library/texmf/fonts/type1/yandy

in directories called

lubright  lucida    lucidfax  lucsans   lumath

for example

~/Library/texmf/fonts/type1/yandy/lucida

has in it

lbc.pfb   lbki.pfb  lbl.pfb   lbtbo.pfb lbtr.pfb
lbh.pfb   lbkr.pfb  lbtb.pfb  lbto.pfb

I think I worked this out by looking at

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/yandy/lucida

and noting that it had

lbc.tfm   lbki.tfm  lbl.tfm   lbtbo.tfm lbtr.tfm
lbh.tfm   lbkr.tfm  lbtb.tfm  lbto.tfm

in it and similarly for the others. If that is
right my   guess is that as there is a

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/yandy/mathtime

with

mtex.tfm  mtmi.tfm  mtsy.tfm  rmtmi.tfm

in it you need to create a directory

~/Library/texmf/fonts/type1/yandy/mathtime

and put in it

mtex.pfb  mtmi.pfb  mtsy.pfb  rmtmi.pfb

In my documents I use

\usepackage[LY1]{fontenc}	% specify text font encoding
\usepackage[LY1]{lucidabr}	% switch text and math fonts
\usepackage{bm}           	% switch text and math fonts

which works fine. I assume your command

\usepackage[mtbold]{mathtime}

is the equivalent of these commands.  Lucida replaces all the CMR
fonts which is why I have more fonts than you. You are just replacing
the math ones and using Times for the basic CMR fonts.

Good luck !!

Michael

Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303 3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt